About Lincoln Yurts
Our yurt only campsite is nestled just 1 mile away from the beautiful village of Welton in Lincolnshire, our 5 themed yurts are situated within an 11 acre equestrian farm.
Our yurts are authentic Mongolian yurts not single skin tents and are to such a high standard that we can open all year round, they are cool in the summer and very well insulated for the winter.
The sunsets are breath taking, our skies are massive, you can really take the time to unwind and truly relax around an open fire or cosy up in your yurt with your log burner.
The beauty of our campsite in regards to children is that there is absolutely nothing at all to do here, bring a football or a tennis ball and watch them make their own fun, I see it most days and its brilliant!
WHAT WE TAKE PRIDE IN
Hopefully if you have got this far you will have already looked at various other glamping campsites, here at Lincoln yurts we take great pride in the fact that we do things differently from the majority of them, in fact we are still yet to find a yurt site that offers everything we do, here are a few things that makes us different from the rest;-
* We offer a 2 or 3 night minimum stay during the weekends, most other sites will want a 3/4 night minimum stay during peak season, we will even do a 1 night stay if we have the availability.
*We do not charge you extra to burn wood inside your log burner in your yurt, there is no ‘complimentary’ bag of wood to get you started, all the wood you will need will be inside your yurt on arrival…….need more? no problem, no charge, this is the same with all your firelighters, candles, toiletries, gas for your gas stove, teas, coffee’s and sugar.
* All our duvets are White goose feather, extremely warm and amazingly comfy, also all our bedding is designer bedding, a great combination to the perfect nights sleep. Each yurt has a different mattress to suit every taste of which our high quality from Tempur to ViSpring.
* We live onsite, if you need something, we live here, we are on call 24 hours a day, no need to call anyone that will take 20 minutes to get to you, we will be with you in a matter of minutes.
* We offer breakfasts and are an additional extra as sometimes people like to cook their own but if you want to be spoilt then we will hand deliver a piping hot breakfast to your yurt so you can have breakfast in bed.
* I quite like it when people complain about the yurts being too hot with the wood burner on as the number 1 question I get asked is ‘will I be cold?’ short answer, no
our wood burning stoves kick out 5.5 kw of heat, this is far too much heat for the area it is in, so, in a nutshell it can get unbearably hot in your yurt, in fact i always recommend to stop putting wood on the fire about an hour before you sleep.
* You can have an outside fire!!! not a lot of campsites allow this, but at our farm you can sit around an open fire outside and see one of the clearest skies in the uk (our stars are stunning on a clear night).
* Fancy a drink at one of our local pubs but don’t want to drive? no problem! I’ll take you and pick you up at no charge
* All our yurts are themed. Why stay in a yurt that has a cheap pine bed with drawers that don’t match? Why stay in a yurt that looks like someones grandma was getting rid of some old furniture when you can stay in our yurts, we have everything from a 130 year old Balinese wedding bed to a super king sized four poster, seriously, have you seen our beds??
* We have a cabin that i built to a high standard that have FLUSHING toilets and proper showers, no eco compost toilets or throwing sawdust here. The cabin is cleaned daily.
* Did you forget to bring something? unfortunately we won’t be sending you to our onsite shop to pay over the odds for an item you already have, we’ll just borrow you it, we live here after all so if you forget your tea towels and washing up liquid? We have some, wellies? We have some, umbrella? We have that as well, we have pretty much everything you may forget and we will not charge you a penny to use them.
* Two of our yurts have electricity and we do not charge anymore for them than we do for the yurts without. However if your phone/laptop runs out of power then we will charge it for you.
* We do not take tents, we are strictly a 5 yurt campsite , you will not get rowdy teenagers on the lash pitched up next to you as we do not share our land with anyone else like most national trust sites.
* We are really sorry but we dont allow you to bring your pets to the yurts unless are registered guide or assistance dogs.
* No need for communal cooking as each yurt has its own Weber bbq outside (just bring coals).
*i see a lot of other campsites telling you to bring insect repellant ….. we don’t have that problem, don’t worry.
* We will order taxis for you or make reservations for you as the taxi company we use gets real busy and you will need to book a couple of hours in advance.
Unfortunately we don’t allow dogs on the site however we can highly recommend Lincoln lanes kennels 6 miles away – Tel 01673 843232.