Camper Van Hire FAQs

What kind of instruction will I be given about the van, appliances and how to use them?
You will receive full orientation of the van, its controls, appliances and maintenance responsibilities. Orientation consists of a personal walk round of the van by a qualified instructor. There will be a manual in the vehicle and you will also be given a helpline number for Lincoln yurts should you have any questions or require help during your rental.

What happens in the event of a breakdown?
Our vehicles are covered with a full UK breakdown policy. On collection you will be provided with the 24 hr emergency number.

Are there any age restrictions?
The minimum age requirement for campervan hire is 21 and the maximum age is 78. All drivers must have held a full driving licence for a minimum of two years. Drivers under the age of 25 will be subject to a £1000.00 security deposit.

Where do we collect the van?
Lincoln Yurts, Eastfield lane, Welton Lincoln LN23RB.

Do you supply bedding?
We can supply bedding packs (sleeping bags, pillow, sheet) as an additional option. Please see the additional extras on booking for price breakdown.

How many people can seat and sleep in the vans?
The Van can seat 4 people. We have a side conversion so the front seats an adult and two children and the back seats a further adult.

What type of fuel does my van use?

Can we bring our dog?
We might have a dog friendly van (valeting charge applies) best to call us.

Can we smoke in the van?

Should we bring suitcases or soft bags?
Soft bags would be best – but you’re more than welcome to unpack and leave your suitcases with us for the duration of you rental.

We are booking a ferry and need to know the registration number and vehicle dimensions?
Reg YR63 FXX. Vehicle dimensions. Which are: T28 TLINE: L 4.9 – W 1.9 – H 2m. If you still have trouble making a booking please contact us.

What documentation do I need to bring?
We will need to see each driver’s full licence (both parts if a UK license holder), plus 2 utilities bills (less than 3 months old) with an address that matches your licence. Overseas licence holders we will need to see your licence and passport. Please note: we cannot hire the vehicle with out these documents.

What is the Collision damage waiver (CDW)?
In the event of an own fault accident causing damage to the vehicle or any third party property the hirer is liable for a £500 excess.